Charles Laing & Sons Ltd is a long established brass and iron foundry located in Edinburgh, Scotland’s historic capital city. Laing’s foundry excels in architectural conservation with a proven track record in both national and international projects. The company was established in 1920 by Charles Laing on the west side of beaverbank Place .
Our work can be seen across the UK and far afield as Australia, Faroe Islands, and New York.
The skills and craftsmanship of the Laing family has been handed down through three generations, the current managing director being Andrew Laing. In the early days, much of the work was done using brass, supporting the shipping industry in nearby Leith. Work now includes bronze trophies, commemorative plaques, cast iron street lamps, railings and other street furniture.